Friday, January 24, 2014

The Piano

So if you know me very well (before the last life 5 years) you would know that I play the piano...and I LOVE it!  There is just something so stress-relieving playing a song to get out all of your pent up emotions.  And people can do some pretty awesome things with the piano (have you heard of The Piano Guys? LOVE them!)

Anyway, since I've been married I haven't had a lot of opportunities to play...unless its your primary calling or something!(...but you can't really pound out "I Am a Child of God" in primary if you know what I mean!)
But this Christmas I (or we) were given a piano.  It's actually a keyboard, but not the crappy types of keyboards that actually sound like keyboards.  This "keyboard" actually sounds like a piano!  It is truly amazing!
Early December Tyler got a phone call asking if we had any talents.  haha!  Actually the ward was doing a talent show for their Christmas party and they wanted to make sure everyone who wanted to participate could participate.  So while we thought it a funny question too, Tyler replied that he sang...but not solo...and I played the piano...but hadn't touched one in a very long time (unless it was in the Children's Song Book)...so we would rather not participate in the talent show. :)  A few days later Tyler got an e-mail from a sweet couple in the ward asking if they could buy us the piano/"keyboard".  They knew we lived in apartments and would still be moving around the next few years and this would be easier to move than a real piano.  Of course we said yes!  I almost cried!...which if you know me you know that means something!
So now we have a piano...and I LOVE IT!  It brings happiness to my soul...

And to my toddler.



2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's so amazing!! We just have one of those crappy keyboards, I'm jealous of your fancy one :)

    ReplyDelete