Friday, February 3, 2012

5 Weeks Old

Today Emma is 5 Weeks old.
New this week? She hates me at night.
She has now decided instead of waking up twice a night she now likes to wake up 3 times a night! And I thought it was supposed to get better. She has also decided she now doesn't like her crib. After I feed her she will fall asleep in my arms. The second her bum touches the crib mattress - she wakes up. And she won't put herself back to sleep (once in a while if I'm lucky). She'll sit and squeal and whine, give herself the hiccups, and then cry until I pick her up again. THEN 1 minute later she's back to sleep...until I put her back in her crib. This happened 4 times last night!


She's also decided she likes to "snack." She won't eat, she'll snack. She'll feed for about 5 minutes, fall asleep, then 20 minutes later decide she's hungry again and snack. I was up for about 2 hours straight last night between feeding her, changing her diaper and trying to get her to sleep in her crib! Ahh! I'll admit I broke down and cried for a little of that!
But she's cute, so I still love her. :) Let's just hope next week brings better news. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Aww babe! I had no idea you were crying! I have told you to wake me up and let me help you with her. I don't care if I have school/work the next day, you and Emma are worth it! I am here for ya babe, let me help more!

    Love,

    --Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely make Tyler do everything besides feeding her at night. You need just as much sleep to take care of a baby as you do to go to school and work.
    I don't really have any good suggestions but I can relate. Tessa liked to snack too. I learned how to feed her lying down and she slept in bed with us until she learned to consolidate her feedings and I could stick her back in her crib.
    It gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - call me when you have time, and I'll give you some more tips. =) Wish we could be at the blessing tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete