Thursday, February 23, 2012

Help!

So Emma has decided she wants to be difficult and spoiled. She has decided not to sleep unless she is being held. Last night for example. I got her to go to sleep at her bedtime. I held her for a little longer to make sure she was good and asleep and then put her in her crib. 20 minutes later, she wakes up. I go in and put her binkie back in her mouth and she stays for another 5 mintues before she starts crying. So I pick her up and she grabs onto my shirt with both fists! I get her back to sleep and then when Tyler got home I made him hold her. We put her back in her crib when we went to bed and again, 20 minutes later she wakes up...screaming (our couple prayer was cut short)! So I gave up and she slept with us last night.
This morning we wake up and Tyler gets ready for school while I make his lunch. Emma was sleeping just fine so we left her in the middle of the bed. 5 minutes later I guess she realized she was alone and woke up!
Nap time today...I've layed her down 3 different times...in 3 different places and she STILL wakes herself up within 5 mintues. So I pick her up and she falls back to sleep! (I'm typing this one handed).
HELP! If you have any suggestions or know what to do...I would REALLY appreciate any advice. Next nap time I'll try laying her on her stomach...we'll see if that works.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like she needs to learn how to self-soothe, and go to sleep on her own. I'd let her fuss for a bit before going to get her, and maybe she's a tummy sleeper, like Marshall. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete