Monday, January 2, 2012

Emma's debut into the world...the Father's side of the Story.

A baby girl is a treasure rare;
A sweet pink angel, a little doll,
Nothing else can quite compare.
Her smiles and coos bring me joy;
She fills my heart with love and pleasure;
So I'll cherish these special infant times,
With my little girl, my precious treasure.

What can a father say that can describe in words of the experience when his precious baby girl came into the world...nothing, I was pretty much speechless. Many experiences in life will humble a man and I experienced just such an event on Friday, (December 30, 2011), something that brings me great amazement and wonder. Watching Emma come forth from the womb has changed my life forever!

Standing beside my best friend and eternal companion, holding her hand as she pushed and worked to bring our precious baby girl into this world, her head finally emerged covered in hair and before long Dr. Blackett had her entirely out, followed by her first breaths and cries; then I was able to cut the umbilical cord before she was laid on Mandy's chest. In those moments I was immediately overcome by the Spirit of the Lord, knowing that this precious soul who moments ago had come from His very presence was now being entrusted into our care...but, a peaceful assurance let me know that He was with us and will continue to be so every step of the way.

Very soon after, the transition nurse had me sponge-bathing the baby for her very first "bath." She taught me how to wash her hair and scrub it with the soft baby brush, we then wiped her body down and she was all clean.

I know that from those short moments in time, my life will never be the same and I am now a Daddy! I can't believe how quickly this day has come, but am grateful for it. Miracles still happen today and we were able to witness this wonderful life event. Emma LeAnn Anderson is our precious little angel and she's perfect. Even with some sleepless nights in the hospital, Mandy and I couldn't be happier and it is so fun to just watch our sweet princess thrive and grow. I can only hope that I will be the Dad she deserves and the father that my Father in Heaven has intended me to be. Life is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment