Monday, July 23, 2012

Family Camping Trip

Last week we took our traditional week long family camping trip in Wyoming.  In the past a week long camping trip has seemed pretty long, but this year went by really fast!  And it was really fun!  I twas great to spend time with the fam and escape the heat!  I am greatly looking forward to fall when there won't be any more 100+ degree weather anymore!
Anyway...here are some documentation of our week:
Emma was a GREAT camper.  I was SHOCKED!!! (can I emphasize that enough?)  Usually she's kind of a pill (at night mostly) when we travel so we were REALLY worried going camping with her.  Especially since you sleep in a thin tent where you can hear almost anything and almost anything can hear you.  But she did SO good!  She slept just like she does at home...through the night!  If she woke up a little to early we'd just feed her and hold her and she'd go back to sleep for a while.  It was lovely. 


Emma also loves camping chairs.  She loved to crawl all over them and especially suck on the arms.  Weird kid.  Luckily Grandma indulged her.


It was obviously cold in the mornings up there (which was actually a little nice...unless you were Davis who hadn't been in anything below like 90 degrees in 2 years) so luckily I found this cute little thing hanging in Emma's closet.  I got it at one of my baby showers and never used it because A: if it was THAT cold inthe winter in Logan I just didn't leave the house with her and B: it was 3-6 months and wouldn't have fit anyway.  So, luckily Emma is a petite little thing (except her head) and still had room to grow in this!
We called it "the pink nightmare."  If you've ever seen "A Christmas Story" you'll know why we started calling it that.  If you haven't seen the movie you really should.  I mean its a Christmas classic!
Emma obviously "loved" her outfit.  Haha!  No, really she hated it.  She couldn't really move and couldn't put her arms down!  But it kept her warm and she'll thank me for it one day.

The boys went fishing the first day.  Look at them all excited!
From Left to Right: my uncle Whitney, Tyler, Davis, Dad, then cousins Landon and Braden

 And guess who caught the fish?!
 Never mind the size of the fish. 

Then we spent a day-ish in Jackson Hole.  We got ice cream (yum!), and got more ice for the coolers.  But we also stopped to take pictures in front of this cool arch!
The whole family!  Haven't had one of these pics in 2 years!

Can you believe all these antlers?!
Where we camped there was also a hot springs just a mile up the road.  Unfortunately my camera decided to die before we went swimming so I don't have any pictures of that...unless my mom sends me some...then I suppose I can post those! :)
All in all though we had a great time!  It was SO nice to just have a relaxing week and have people help out with Emma!  Unfortunately that comes with a price as well and she was EXTREMELY spoiled as she was never set down, so this week I'm trying to "detox" and get her used to not being held ALL THE TIME again.  Not an easy task.  Believe me.


No comments:

Post a Comment