Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


I realize it is past Thanksgiving...but I figure its better late than never.
Day 1: We began our trip Monday and drove to "pick up" my family (really...we just switched the their car). Then we drove to St. George to spend the night with the first set of grandparents.
Total driving time: 7 hours
Day 2: We drove from St. George to Queen Creek, AZ
Total driving time: about 8 hours
But due to the pregnancy we had to stop every 2 hours...most of those breaks took place at gas stations, but we did get to stop by this cool bridge! :)

My cute husband

Me: and yes I am swollen

Day 3: The girls spent shopping and the men went golfing. Also, due to lack of sleep from a very firm mattress, Tyler and I decided to move to Aunt Jill's to sleep. Thank you Jill for you bed, food and car!
P.S. Because of that change Tyler has declared he wants a queen bed. Guess that will be our next big purchase! Who knew one size up on a mattress could give you so much more space?

Day 4: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! We had a wonderful meal prepared by dear Grandma May and helpers. :) It was also good to see family. Many of whom had never met Tyler!

Day 5: Shopping...again (Tyler's FAVORITE thing I assure you!) We introduced him to the flea market aka swap meet then went to a movie: Breaking Dawn. Which my dad and Tyler thoroughly enjoyed. Well ok...they thoroughly enjoyed not being forced to see it. They saw Tower Heist or something like that. Then the VF outlets. Poor Babe. He got a little cranky.

Day 6: SUPER COOL DAY! My cousin Chantel is studying to be an ultrasound technician (I think that's what its called) and used me as a guinea pig! So we got to see our baby again! Somehow I will try and find a way to post it...BUT she is still a girl (thanks heavens!...didn't want to return anything!) and she has Tyler's nose (tell him its cute...he's a little self-conscious) and cute chubby cheeks! We are very excited.

Day 7: Drive home. This wasn't as cool...we didn't get to stop anywhere interesting...unless you count the FABULOUS Taco Bell in Page, AZ. (That's a joke) This time though we drove from Queen Creek, AZ to Logan, UT aka warm 75-80 degree weather to cold 20-30 degree weather :(
Total drive time: 14 hours (and yes...I did swell...A LOT)

Needless to say we had lots of fun and enjoyed seeing and being with family and having a break quite a lot!! Thank you to all of those who made our week fun! We are thankful for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment