Saturday, October 13, 2012

Teething...it's of the Devil

Life lately has consisted of a cranky, whinny, clingy baby...who is teething.  Emma cut 2 teeth in 3 days, and she is still cranky...extremely cranky, which leads me to believe she may be trying to cut more. 
She's kind of driving me nuts right now.  I can not leave a room without her crying and crawling after me.  Then when she find me she sits on the floor and throws a fit.  I mean a full on fit.  Like huge sobs, that leave you wondering if she's going to breathe kind of fit.  And sometimes its not even if I leave a room.  I could just change positions, or go sit on the couch and she starts freaking out.  I feel like crawling into a hole until she's done teething, but I know she would find me. This too shall pass right?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! It does. But it doesn't feel like it. Brooklyn also went through a phase that didn't involve cutting teeth that sounds like what Emma is doing right now. She cried if she wasn't being held or if one of us wasn't on the floor right next to her. Our doc said babies sometimes suddenly realize the connection between crying and being held and test you until they figure out they can't be held all day long. Maybe Emma is just unfortunately going through teething and that at the same time. Have you tried teething tablets? It was the only thing that worked for Brooklyn. We also went on a lot of walks. She liked being outside and it was one of the only things that calmed her down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Never would have thought of that. Emma's pediatrician isn't as helpful. His answer for everything is "all babies are different." It's very frustrating I might add. Emma and Brooklyn sound a lot more similar than I originally thought!!

      Delete