Monday, October 1, 2012

9 Months!

I realized she turned 9 months old yesterday but a post was not going to happen (obviously) so here we are.



At 9 months Emma... 
Loves to climb...still.  She's learned to climb stairs!  Just randomly, one day, she climbed the stairs at my aunt's house.  Now if we go over to anyone's house she will climb their stairs.  No assistance, no problem.  Good thing we don't have stairs.She walks along the furniture very well and easily transfers from one piece to another.  Her favorite thing to climb however is the toilet.  Why? I don't know.  We think its weird too.  We've always been a lid down kind of family, but this definitely solidifies it.  She's also learned to flush the toilet I might add.  I wish they had locks on the handles too instead of just the lid!  
Her favorite thing to play with is still the dishwasher.  If she hears the door go down and the clink of dishes it is only matter of seconds until she's standing there screaming in utter enjoyment.  She's also discovered cupboards and loves to pull anything she can out of them too.  Another favorite toy is cups.  Paper cups.  We went out to dinner with friends the other night and the nice cashier lady gave us an extra cup.  I was nervous about how long Emma would last staying happy, but she played with her cup for almost the entire hour and a half.  I need to invest in those. 
She has taken an interest in books finally.  She loves to turn pages.  Loves it.  Her favorite book is a farm animal book that is touch and feel.  As soon as she turns the page she knows right where to go to feel the different textures.  If we read another book after that one she's constantly scratching the pages trying to find the textures...even though there aren't any.  We need to invest in more touch and feel books.
She still loves to eat.  She can eat puffs and little munchies/crunchies all day.  YOU have to stop feeding her or she'll just keep popping those things in her mouth.  She also LOVES graham crackers and is doing pretty good and not trying to shove the whole cracker in her mouth at once.  She still prefers to eat whatever you are eating as opposed to her designated food.  She also understands the word cookie and immediately says "Mmmm" the moment a piece is in her mouth.  My bad.
She also prefers cups to anything.  She still refused to take a sippy cup...no matter what is inside (drives me a little crazy, but whatever).  She also sometimes refuses to drink from her bottle...like last night at dinner.  I finally put her milk in my empty cup and voila! She drank the whole thing.  Contrary to the sippy cup it does NOT matter what is in a cup (or a water bottle) she will drink it and think it is the best thing in the world.
She is doing better with sleeping thanks to advice from friends and family.  I also started reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and I highly recommend it to anyone!  We've moved up her bedtime to 6:30ish.  Crazy I know, but she sleeps SO much better and longer.  Instead of sleeping about 10 to 10 1/2 hours a night she now sleeps 12 1/2 hours.  Crazy right?  Naps are slowly starting to get easier...but I do emphasize the slowly part.  Oh well, we'll get there eventually.
Emma continues to crawl very well and gets faster and faster everyday.  She likes to follow people around.  Especially her daddy. 

Tyler will probably kill me for putting this up but I think its so funny! :)  It's their silly faces. :)



She definitely loves her daddy.  One of her favorite times of day is when he comes home and plays with her.  Her other favorite time of day is when I take her out to get the mail.  As soon as I grab the mail key she gets this big smile on her face and starts screaming with delight.  She LOVES to be outside!
Still no teeth, but we think she is teething right now, but not 100% sure since she's not cranky ALL the time and we are first time parents with no previous teething experience.  But one day those little buggers will surely poke through!
She also says "da-da" but doesn't quite associate it yet.  Her favorite thing to say is "oh" she says that a lot, when something is interesting or she's cranky or whenever.  And I swear she says "up" sometimes when I'm sitting on the couch and she's standing there or she's standing pulling on my leg and wants to be held.

No comments:

Post a Comment