Friday, March 9, 2012

My 10 Week Old Turkey

Emma is 10 weeks old today! I can't believe it. I know I say that every week, but truly time flies by so fast. One day she's 2 weeks, the next thing you know, she's 10 weeks.

New this week...
she has officially out grown all of her newborn clothing: onezies, pants, socks, dresses and sleepwear. I'm a little sad, but she does have a bunch of cute 0-3 month things!
She is sleeping better at night. We've really tried to stick to a routine and things have been better. She loves being in the bath, but hates getting out and the events that follow (lotion and getting dressed - but mostly because she hates being cold). She's also slept for two 10 hour stretches and one 9 hour stretch at night this week! I feel like a new person! Nap time is a little different. Her favorite place to sleep is on me; and when I put her down she sleeps for maybe an hour (if I'm lucky) before waking up again. Lately I've just been giving in and laying back on the couch with her and we both take a nap. Because as one friend has told me a few times "they're only little once" and I enjoy the cuddling time. Today, for example, the little turkey woke up before I could even get her into her crib. I put her in the swing so I could pack and get things done. She stayed wide awake for about an hour, then started to fuss, so I picked her up to see if I could get her to go back to sleep. Within 30 seconds (I'm not exaggerating) of laying her on my chest she was out! Silly girl. Guess she just loves her mama.


Oh! and she smiles a lot more. :)
This next week we will be on vacation visiting family. Hope it still brings good results being away from home!

2 comments:

  1. Hi - she is so so so cute! Where are you guys going on vacation? Hope you have FUN! =) XOOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just went down to Cedar City to visit Tyler's family!

    ReplyDelete