Friday, March 23, 2012

12 Weeks Old! Holy Cow!

Emma is now 12 weeks! I can't believe that next Friday she'll be 3 months old! Goodness they grow fast!
New this week? Instead of sleeping 9-10 hour stretches, she now sleeps 10-11 hour stretches! And then wants to go back to sleep after eating! She's definitely a sleeper!
She smiles a lot more (just not when there is a camera around!)
She's starting to outgrow her newborn size shoes (yes, she has small feet)
She LOVES her car seat. On Monday NOTHING I did would get her to calm down. I knew she was tired, but she was SO tired she couldn't fall asleep. So I just decided to run errands because usually the car lulls her to sleep. Well I put her in the car seat and walked around the house with her while I gathered some things up, and BOOM. She fell right to sleep. Also, if we're out somewhere and she's fussy, we decide its time to go and the minute we put her in her car seat she's quiet and sometimes smiles. Silly girl.

She still however does NOT like to be put down. We bought a play mat for her, and it keeps her entertained for MAYBE 5 minutes. But the minute you pick her up, BOOM she's quiet again. She also hates being on her tummy...unless she's sleeping. I almost feel like a bad mom, like I'm stunting her development, but I honestly just don't know what to do! Hopefully she still turns out ok!

No comments:

Post a Comment