Thursday, March 7, 2013

HELP!

Help! Please! (I'm trying to sound desperate here)
So I have this extremely cranky child (do you want her?).  She wakes up cranky and stays cranky until nap time and the wakes up cranky again and stays cranky until bedtime.  All I hear ALL DAY LONG is whining and crying and just plain crankiness and I have NO IDEA what to do!  I am at my wit's end...some days barely keeping it together (being pregnant doesn't really help the situation).  So if you know what is wrong with my child (besides teething...I've considered that option believe me and still not quite sure it is teething) please give words of wisdom! :)
And if you know how to get a child to eat and drink better I would appreciate that advice too! :)

4 comments:

  1. When Michelle did that it was ear infections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know when you figure out how to get a child to eat and drink better! Mealtime has always been the worst with Tessa.... I do notice that she does better when I don't let her snack or just drink milk all day though.
    As far as the fussiness...is she bored? I know when I was pregnant T acted up more because I couldn't entertain her as much.
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boredom is likely. Hopefully the whole I'm so tired I don't want to move stage of pregnancy is almost over! Plus the fact that we are stranded half of the week doesn't help! Guess I'll have to figure out new activities to entertain her with!

      Delete
  3. This exact same thing happened to us. When Peter was 14 months old. I was prego and exhausted, and he weaned himself from nursing, but would take a bottle yet. At his 15 month check up I was bawling to his dr. because I had no idea what to do, and he told me that it was ok to give him some Tylenol. She may be experiencing some pains in her little body, or she may be feeling stressed out because she can sense the pregnancy. For a few days I gave him not quiet his full dose before bed and nap, and it worked like a charm. After like 3 days i didn't need to give him anything and he wasn't cranky anymore. Some good 1 year old activities for when you can't hardly move are: playtime in a bubble bath, reading books, find the body part, hiding under a blanket, peter didn't like to color but some kids do. Going for a walk, where you let them walk around outside and you just follow them, and we had a lot of success encouraging Peter to Jump on his bed. He loves to jump. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete