Saturday, February 9, 2013

My Daughter the Dog

So when my mom and I talk on the phone a good 95% of the time we note how similar Emma and Tilly (my parents' dog) are.  We don't know if it is the fact that they are 18 days apart or what, but they are definitely "bosom buddies," "two peas in a pod," (etc. etc.) or "partners in crime" as we commonly refer to them as. Similarities include:

1. Both hear the word "go for a ride" and immediately perk up, drop everything and come to you.

2. At least once a week, AT LEAST, both me and my mother are yelling at either Emma or Tilly to "get out of the garbage."  I kid you not, there have been times when I hear my mom yelling at Tilly to get out of the garbage and I look over at Emma and yell the same thing.

3.  They both kiss with their tongues hanging out.  Emma is good at giving kisses now, but we are trying to teach her to close her mouth or at least to keep her tongue in her mouth.  And Tilly being a dog will sometimes get adventurous and try to kiss you...differently.

4.  They both love going for walks...

...on a leash.
That would be my sister "guiding" my 1 year old around the house.  Last time she was up here she did a little experiment to see if Emma would walk (or rather crawl) with a leash.  Not only did Emma do it, she did it happily...like Tilly.

5.  They both like to eat off the floor.  Emma will purposefully throw food when she is "done" eating.  Then when we take her out of her high chair and put her on the floor she will crawl right to the food and start eating.  Sometimes she won't even pick it up with her fingers.  She will stick her mouth to the floor and try and lick it up.  I have a strange child.  I know.

6. They both love balloons.

I've semi-been trying to upload these videos for a while.  I mentioned them in a previous post (on accident...I kinda forgot the erase the text after the videos failed to upload).

Anywhoo, you get the point...they are basically best buds...

Since day 1 (well this picture is taken at 3 months, but you get the idea)

No comments:

Post a Comment